This contradicted Monday's suggestions by Deputy Finance Minister Ryszard Michalski, who spoke in favour of a controlled currency system ahead of Poland's entry to the eurozone.
Polish News Bulletin said Balcerowicz refused to comment directly on Michalski's statement, however he said that he saw no point in changing the bank's position on the curre
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot