Clementi made only one brief reference to interest rates in the speech he made in Oxford, south-central England.
He said the MPC had cut rates on 18 September because of the "increase of risks of a further slowdown in world growth" after the attacks in the United States
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank