The top White House economics adviser told a Senate confirmation hearing, "I think it's pretty much in China's own interest to allow their currency to float freely and be determined by the market."
Bernanke, the nominee to succeed Alan Greenspan as Fed chief, echoed other top US administration officials in urging China to play its part in unwinding global econom
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says