Cabraal told Bloomberg Television that "we will see a very real change in the inflation rate" post-June.
The New Colombo Consumers' Price Index registered a year-on-year inflation rate of 18.8% in December, a slight fall from the 19.3% rate recorded for November. But interest rates, which are now 10.5%, were "sufficient to deal with the problem."
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says