Macfarlane noted that Australian GDP growth over the first three-quarters of this year was running at a literal pace of four percent, but he added: "I don't think most people would think that is a good way to characterise growth at the moment."
"It feels more like three than four to me," he told a question and answer session after a dinner speech.
Asked about t
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs