In response to a question, Mboweni noted that the central bank has been increasing its foreign exchange reserves at a measured pace and there was no reason why it could not boost gold holdings.
"As part of our reviews on composition of our gold holdings, we may even consider increasing our gold holdings," Reserve Bank Governor Tito Mboweni said in a prepared text of a speech at a precio
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB