Previously Batsukh had held the post of first deputy governor at the bank since 2000.
On 2 November, 68.2 percent of members of parliament voted for him, but Democratic Party members called for Batsukh to be held accountable for the bankruptcy of savings and credit institutions, UB Post reported.
"We need to find correct and effective ways to recov
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting