Previously Batsukh had held the post of first deputy governor at the bank since 2000.
On 2 November, 68.2 percent of members of parliament voted for him, but Democratic Party members called for Batsukh to be held accountable for the bankruptcy of savings and credit institutions, UB Post reported.
"We need to find correct and effective ways to recov
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund