European Central Bank chief economist Otmar Issing was quoted in a magazine interview on Saturday 14 June describing the rise in the euro single currency to date as a "correction" of its previous undervaluation.
"We said then (two years ago) that in our view the euro was clearly undervalued. In that sense, what we have seen
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund