A standard MICR data format is expected to aid in the conversion of paper to electronic payments, since one of the chief obstacles to conversion is a lack of uniform exchange standards.
"We need a set of standards that provide maximum opportunity for efficient interchange of check payments," said Patrick Barron, the first vice presiden
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB