Source: PAP news agency
"A behaviour unprecedented in the civilized world," said central bank head Leszek Balcerowicz commenting on a pressure to cut interest rates exerted by the [Prime Minister] Leszek Miller's government on the Monetary Policy Council (RPP).
Balcerowicz stressed that the council was guided by one, constitutional target - to bring about t
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank