During the summer Swift announced that the Bank of England was going to pilot the Market Infrastructure Resiliency Service (Mirs). What stage of development are you at now?
Since the announcement we have been working with them on finalising the specification, so right now we are finalising the full technical specification and starting the development of the system.
Could you explain the rationale behind the service? What was the inspiration, or motivation, for it?
We've had long conversations over
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank