You have been acting governor twice now: first from June 3 to September 8, 2010, and again between July 18 and October 19, 2011 when you were then named as governor. How does it feel to be appointed governor on a permanent basis?
Let me start by saying that when I joined the State Bank of Pakistan more than four-and-a-half years ago as deputy governor, I was immersed in areas that I had not been exposed to in the past, such as human resources. I was responsible for managing around 80% of the cen
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes