Central Banking (CB): You have been governor for nearly a year now. What was your impression of the central bank when you took up the position?
Ajith Nivard Cabral (AC): I was aware of course of the central bank's work, but it was quite exciting to be in the hot-seat: to be able to direct monetary policy, to be looking at the economy and looking at financial system stability. So when I look back at the first few months, they were the same as for everybody else in a new job: a learning experience
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs