Barry Eichengreen, Hall of mirrors: the Great Depression, the Great Recession and the uses – and misuses – of history, Oxford University Press, 2015, 520 pages
“Those who are ignorant of history”, so the saying goes, “are destined to repeat it”. As one of our foremost historians of finance, Barry Eichengreen cannot be accused of ignorance, but he certainly believes that without a better understanding of the causes and consequences of the financial crisis we are destined to repeat it.
Hall of Mi
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows