Harold James, Making the European Monetary Union – the Role of the Committee of Central Bank Governors and the Origins of the European Central Bank, with foreword by Mario Draghi and Jaime Caruana, Harvard University Press, November 2012, 592 pages
This is a history of the Committee of Central Bank Governors for the period 1964 to 1993, for which the author, Harold James, had access to the archives but said is not intended “in any way present an official BIS or ECB view”. Although historical, it
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows