Robert J Shiller, Finance and the Good Society, Princeton University Press, March 25, 2012, 304 pages
Robert Shiller’s latest work comes at a time when discontent with the financial system has soared and those working in finance are largely perceived as irresponsible and greedy. As such, the work provides a timely reminder that financial innovation can provide significant benefits to the economy and plays an important role in society as a whole.
For Shiller, financial capitalism represents an in
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’