Nicolas Carnot, Vincent Koen and Bruno Tissot, Economic Forecasting and Policy, Palgrave MacMillan, 2011, 495 pages
In publishing a book about economic forecasting at a time when forecasters everywhere are in the spotlight for having catastrophically failed to predict the worst global financial crisis in a generation, Nicolas Carnot, Vincent Koen and Bruno Tissot took on a big challenge.
Certainly one of the most timely chapters in the book is that on financial sector dynamics as it contains a d
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory