The City of London continues to be at the cutting edge of financial services - it is the fastest-growing market for credit derivatives, for instance. However, responses to questionnaire sent out by the CSFI show that the City cannot afford to be complacent.
What it takes
The questionnaire asked respondents their views on six aspects of a financial centre deemed to be important for its competitiveness. To be successful, a centre should have skilled labour, a competent regulator, a favourable tax
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- BoE’s profits dip on higher banknote and research expenditure
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- Blockchain-based payment systems lack ‘capacity and efficiency’ – DNB