Frank Vibert, The rise of the unelected: democracy and the new separation of powers, Cambridge University Press, 199 pages.
at arm's length from the politicians that created them. Independent central banks and financial regulatory authorities are just two out of a long list of examples. Frank Vibert provides a helpful service in simply listing and categorising the main types. His analysis, however, goes far further in placing these new institutions in the democratic framework that governs many s
- Is Donald Trump undermining the Fed’s independence?
- Regulation could stabilise crypto asset market, experts argue
- Reserves preservation key in Tunisia amid growing challenges – El Abassi
- People: San Fran Fed appoints head of research
- China’s exchange rate poses major challenge to fairer trade – US Treasury