You recently achieved a decade of service as governor of the Banque de France. Could you name a couple of your main achievements?
We have developed the Eurosystem into something much closer to the way the Federal Reserve System works. This means we have been able to maintain a high degree of decentralisation at the European Central Bank (ECB) in terms of relationships with banks and the markets, while boosting statistical tools and economic research capacities at the Banque de France. We have al
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system