You recently achieved a decade of service as governor of the Banque de France. Could you name a couple of your main achievements?
We have developed the Eurosystem into something much closer to the way the Federal Reserve System works. This means we have been able to maintain a high degree of decentralisation at the European Central Bank (ECB) in terms of relationships with banks and the markets, while boosting statistical tools and economic research capacities at the Banque de France. We have al
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Central banks need a consistent approach to accounting for monetary gold