When do you envisage your country will join the euro?
Kraft: Estonia's objective is to join ERM II as soon as possible after May 1 2004, and be technically prepared to adopt the euro two years after that. The exact date of accession will depend on agreement with our counterparts in the EU. Estonia seeks to join the euro area without changes to the framework of the existing currency-board system and exchange rate.
Rimsevics: Latvia will move from an SDR peg to a euro peg for the exchange rate on
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis