As the Czech Republic stands on the brink of membership of the European Union, we would obviously like to ask you about that, but first, could you look back at the journey you have made over the past 1012 years? Is the transformation of the economy into a modern marketbased system now complete?
There are two important aspects of the transition: the macroeconomic situation and the institutional framework. At the beginning, people in most transition economies focused on the first, whereas more a
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system