What have been your priorities since you became governor in September 2004?
The priority is to maintain price stability without affecting Argentina's growth objectives. This means defending the value of the currency and creating financial instruments to develop savings in pesos in order to generate long-term savings. The subsidiary goal is to develop a medium- and long-term credit market. To this end, we have achieved the initial recovery of the Argentine financial system. This means strengtheni
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis