What have been your priorities since you became governor in September 2004?
The priority is to maintain price stability without affecting Argentina's growth objectives. This means defending the value of the currency and creating financial instruments to develop savings in pesos in order to generate long-term savings. The subsidiary goal is to develop a medium- and long-term credit market. To this end, we have achieved the initial recovery of the Argentine financial system. This means strengtheni
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief