What is the objective of your reforms to the exchange rate system?
The goal of the reform of the renminbi exchange rate regime remains firm and clear, namely to improve the exchange rate mechanism and keep the exchange rate basically stable at an adaptive and equilibrium level. Provided an effective risk-control mechanism is put in place, restrictions on cross-border capital transactions will be relaxed in an orderly and sequenced manner so as to gradually move toward convertibility of the capit
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system