Otmar Issing is a former member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank (EBC), where he was responsible for the general economics and research directorates. He is credited with establishing the monetary policy framework of the ECB, particularly the inclusion of a regular analysis of monetary conditions, the so-called "monetary pillar" of the central bank's policy framework. Before joining the ECB, he served as a member of the board of the Deutsche Bundesbank.
After leaving the ECB, P
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production