Andrew Haldane is executive director for financial stability at the Bank of England. He has responsibility for developing Bank policy on financial stability issues and the management of the financial stability area. Haldane is a career central banker, having worked in both the monetary policy and financial stability.
As you are aware, the way the authorities reacted to events in 2007-08 has been criticised. My own criticism, which I expressed at the time, is that they failed to make clear unti
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis