The South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) celebrated its 90th anniversary on June 30, 2011, making it the oldest central bank in the southern hemisphere. This milestone in the history of the central bank was marked in several ways, including research on central banks with private shareholders, as the South African Reserve Bank is one of a small group of such institutions.
The research reveals that few people are aware of this group. Literature pays no specific attention to them, and virtually nothin
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms