The South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) celebrated its 90th anniversary on June 30, 2011, making it the oldest central bank in the southern hemisphere. This milestone in the history of the central bank was marked in several ways, including research on central banks with private shareholders, as the South African Reserve Bank is one of a small group of such institutions.
The research reveals that few people are aware of this group. Literature pays no specific attention to them, and virtually
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group