Costa Rica's Irazú volcano - east of the capital city of San José - is one of the few places on Earth where one can view the Pacific and Atlantic oceans simultaneously. Considering the country's unrivalled scenery, it is easy to understand how Christopher Columbus "discovered" Costa Rica on his fourth visit to the Americas in 1502, separating the familiar Atlantic and the unknown splendour of the western Pacific. More than five centuries after Columbus's precious find, Banco Central de Costa Ric
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows