Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable. Allen Lane, 2007. 400 pages.
The central thesis of this interesting book is our wish to ignore or tone down the importance and frequency of the unexpected. Nassim Nicholas Taleb writes that "Fat tails are the technical term for Black Swans" and proceeds to enlighten us about the ways in which the existence of these birds is often overlooked and, even when noticed, they are assumed to be more domesticated and less wild th
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré