As the political fallout from the Northern Rock debacle continued the Financial Services Authority (FSA), the British regulator, was the target of withering criticism.
An eagerly awaited report, published on 24 January, by the Treasury Select Committee, a parliamentary oversight committee, found that the FSA did not do enough to ensure that Northern Rock would not pose a systemic risk to the United Kingdom economy. "[The FSA] did not allocate sufficient resources or time to mon
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting