In rare good news for euro zone prices, a first estimate of inflation showed a drop to the ECB's self-imposed two-percent ceiling for the first time this year, from 2.4 percent in April.
The data, which come after recent euro gains against the dollar, offered the ECB
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July