Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China, recently indicated that the central bank would continue to pursue a prudent monetary policy this year to ensure the financial sector progresses in a safe, highly efficient, and steady manner and to promote a sustained, rapid, and healthy development of the national economy.
Zhou Xiaochuan called for efforts in the following four areas of work: Further give play to the leverage of interest rates and exchange rates and steadily push forward
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top