The Bundesbank said it had asked German mints to produce more of the small coins. It appealed to Germans to shop with the coins and "pay in exact change wherever possible."
The Bundesbank said many euro-zone countries have a similar problem, especially the larger nations. The European Cent
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July