In an interview in the Daily Post newspaper in North Wales, Bean said markets should not have been surprised by this month's quarter-point rise in the BoE's key interest rate as inflation has been "considerably above our target".
"It was not a large increase in rates, but we want to be forward
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July