Chou will fill the vacancy left by deputy governor Liang Fa-chin, who will retire on Feb. 15 after serving a five-year term, the report said.
Chou, 65, has worked in the central bank's economic research department and its foreign exchange department.
He also served a
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July