"The strength of competition in mortgage markets... suggests that banks need to carefully monitor the risks they are taking in mortgage markets," the ECB's banking supervision committee said in a report on EU banking sector stability.
Lending to households has grown at a brisk pace, and co
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July