Stevens told the Economic Society of Victoria that the central bank formulates monetary policy in response to risks, rather than waiting for problems to build up.
He said that financial markets tend to focus on changes in the level of interest rates but the Rese
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate