The current crisis has seen financial giants torpedoed by a lack of liquidity, which has rapidly transformed into questions over solvency. Conversations at SIBOS, the annual gathering of people in the business of liquidity delivery - payment system specialists - suggested three areas where regulators will focus.
First, there is the question of a bank's overall position across the payment systems it operates in. Even a medium-sized bank can have exposures in a bewildering array of systems if it
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks
Back to Top