The central bank said on Friday 29 February that it would lift the reserve requirement because of the adverse impact that it is having on businesses looking to raise capital from abroad.
The central bank introduced the measure in December 2006 to deter short-term capital inflows and one-way speculation on the baht, which had led to the excessive volatility of the currency.
The measure had achieved its ob
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July