Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra wanted the 28-nation forum to focus on the benefits of maximising member countries' international currency reserves, according to Finance Minister Thanong Bidaya.
The key objective of the ACD exercise will be to ensure member-states concentrate on economic stability to avoid a recurrence of the 1997 financial crisis, said Dr Thanong.
The Bangkok forum is also expected to
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July