MINUTES - Minutes of the Bank of Japan's Monetary Policy Meeting on 10 and 11 October 2002, released 22 November. The nine member Policy Board decided unanimously to leave monetary policy unchanged at the meeting, resisting political pressure to try to boost prices even if it required unconventional measures. A number of members were opposed to the idea of adopting an inflation-targeting policy at present due to possible side effects the minutes showed.
To read past central bank Minutes use ou
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks
Back to Top