Silvana Tenreyro has been chosen to fill a space on the Bank of England’s (BoE) monetary policy committee (MPC), which will become vacant at the end of June.
The UK Treasury and BoE jointly announced the appointment of the economics professor in statements today (June 19). As an external member of the committee, Tenreyro will retain her affiliation with the London School of Economics.
She replaces Kristin Forbes on the committee, Forbes having revealed her intention to return full-time to her
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks