A report into the decline of the Kenyan shilling against other currencies, which calls for the governor of the central bank to step down, was on February 14 introduced into the House of the Kenyan National Assembly.
The Report of the Parliamentary Select Committee on the Decline of the Kenya Shilling against Foreign Currencies contained stinging criticism of Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
In a section dedicated to the governor, the Committee reported that Ndung
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work