Professor Yitzhak Swary isn't the leading candidate to be the next Bank of Israel Governor, as Professor Leonardo Leiderman, a former senior official at the central bank, has a better chance of being appointed, TheMarker.com financial news service reported Tuesday.
TheMarker quoted unidentified senior officials in the office of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
The report took issue with a Maariv newspaper article earlier in the day that said Swary was the leading candidate.
Leiderman is currently ch
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks
Back to Top