CentralBanking.com (CB): Can you talk us through the forthcoming banking reforms?
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (SLS): We've already rolled out regulations around margin lending, limiting banks' exposure to capital markets to 10% of their loan book, setting clear guidelines on margin accounts and their administration. In the next couple of weeks, we're going to roll out guidelines along the lines of the Volcker rule basically, returning banks to the letter and spirit of the Banking Act in Nigeria, which
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July