How well has Swift met its goals of confidentiality, integrity and availability? If you gave yourself a mark out of 10 for performance during the past year, what score would you give the co-operative?
We would give ourselves a 10. On availability, we are at 100% year-to-date – and we aim to be up 99.999% of the time, or to have no more than five minutes of downtime in a year. That is not insignificant given the volumes, and peak days we have had. On June 30, for instance, we had a peak day, when
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system