Norges Bank announced the deadline for exchanging banknotes from the last series for new ones on February 8. Norwegians have until November 1, 2012, to make the swap.
Trond Eklund, director of the cashier's department at the central bank, urged the public to check if they had any old banknotes "hidden away at home", so they can meet the deadline. After that date, the central bank will no longer be obliged to redeem the notes.
The central bank said "many" of the older banknotes are still in circu
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard