On Thursday, the South African Reserve Bank issued a brief statement announcing an investigation had been launched into "technical issues" at the South African Mint Company.
"The Board of the South African Mint Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the South African Reserve Bank, has become aware of certain technical issues within the operations of the SA Mint Company. Investigations into the matter have been instituted and are ongoing," said the note.
No further detail was offered on the nature
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS