On Thursday, the Bank of Russia launched the Sochi 2014 coin programme and announced the issuance of the first series.
The coin programme includes commemorative and bullion coins of precious metals as well as coins of base metals. The latter will be in circulation at their face value.
The coins are being issued as part of the country's build-up to hosting the Olympic Winter Games in the coastal resort city of Sochi in the Krasnodar Krai region of Russia.
"The coins' themes and designs reflect n
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say