The minister for Europe said Britain could adopt the euro faster than timetables set out by the Treasury or banks. Mr Hain also suggested the government could publish an economic assessment on whether Britain should join the euro by the autumn, rather than the latest possible date of June next year.
His comments appear to reflect the government's determination to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations